USB card reader: "just works" or not ?

Ronny Julian k4rjj at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 5 22:53:56 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Are these kind of devices "just work", or are there some readers that
>> don't work on Linux ?
>>

> These card reader generally present themselves as Mass Storage
> Devices, so they generally Just Work (tm).

I've reloaded the OS so many times that I store all personal data on a
CF card as PRIMARY now.  I found a Memorex reader at a thrift store for
a buck and I get 2GB cards for 8-10 dollars each.  I have not gotten a
card over 2 gig yet but I do want to build a system one day that will be
all on a CF or SD card