install driver at startup

Cesar Augusto Suarez cemaaiem at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 21:35:13 UTC 2009

Nils.
Thanks for your offer.
the driver is located in .deb file, theproblemis thaty the system  will ask for the su password each time the script is invoked (every startup, everyday), as this pc is the secretary pc, i would like to install that driver silently, i dont wanna edit the sudoers file, because i dont wanna  thispc will be rooted everyday, just at themoment to install the modem driver.

________________________________

Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> I've installed a  536 chipset intel modem and the ifax software.
> this works well; however, every time i startup thes ystem, the modem
> doesnt work anymore, and i must tyo install it again,after that,it
> works again. how can i make a script to install themodem driver every
> time the system startup?

If you know how to write scripts you can invoke it in /etc/rc.local
before the "exit 0" line. If you want us to help you write the script
we need to know the commands to install the driver.

Nils

      ¡Sé el Bello 51 de People en Español! ¡Es tu oportunidad de Brillar! Sube tus fotos ya. http://www.51bello.com/