wubi/ubuntu

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:59:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM, John Heinen <hensandpat at earthlink.net> wrote:
> /  I finally have Ubuntu/wubi downloaded, It's in windows xp, in
> explore-programs.
> Now what do I do to start Ubuntu.  I clicked on install, get boot, cust
> install, mds sums, etc then what?
> Appreciate suggestions, Thanks  john
> /

Ok, first of all did you get a Window that let you choose the size of
the drive Ubuntu would be installed into, and that let you set your
username and password?  If you passed this step and the MD5 Sums part
is where Wubi downloads the Ubuntu image file from the Internet and
creates the virtual drive partition.  At this point Ubuntu isn't fully
installed yet.  You need to reboot your computer, and before the
Windows loading screen appears you should get a menu.  Choose Ubuntu
on this menu and Ubuntu should start and begin installing itself to
the virtual partition.  That process takes 10 to 20 minutes depending
on the speed of your hard drive.  Good luck.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home