Ubuntu 8.10

Rob robfleet at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 5 02:40:55 UTC 2009

H.S.: Thanks very much.  I now have KDE working on-line!  Do you know of
a similar fix for XFCE?

Regarding sound, I don't see anything in KDE/System Settings/Computer
Administration/Sound regarding "pulseaudio" or anything else that would
give me a clue as to how to fix this non-working sound in KDE  :(
Perhaps, I'm missing something obvious?

Best Regards,
Rob