Samba problem, does not show files

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:37:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Lorenzo Luengo <lluengo at dgeo.udec.cl> wrote:
> Norberto Bensa escribió:
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Lorenzo Luengo <lluengo at dgeo.udec.cl> wrote:
>>> drwxr--r--  5 echam fileshare     4096 2009-02-27 11:10 Andres
>>> drwxr--r-- 22 echam fileshare     4096 2009-02-27 10:55 Biblioteca
>>>

>> Only the user echam (and root) can list files inside Andres and Biblioteca.
>>

> And anyone?? (the last 'r')

_ONLY_ echam and root can list files inside Andres and Biblioteca.

This is not a samba problem. You need chmod go+x in Andres and
Biblioteca if you want users in fileshare and everyone else to access
that directory.

>>> smb: \ECHAM_data\eovalle\Andres\> ls
>>> NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE listing \ECHAM_data\eovalle\Andres\*
>>>

>> What user did you used in that connection?
>>

> As guest, because in my share configuration it's guest allowed. The
> weird thing is that for the files in eovalle, that have the same
> permissions as the folders in eovalle\Andres, y can see/edit the files
> in eovalle, but I can't even list the files/folders inside eovalle\Andres.

Files are files and directories are directories. What are the
permissions of eovalle (ls -ld eovalle)?

> I still keep thinking it's a bug.

It's a feature.