Simple application to print part of an image - suggestions?

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Wed Mar 4 10:28:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Chris G wrote:

> I just want to view the image, select a bit of it with a marquee and
> then print.  I guess the Gimp will do it but it's a bit OTT just for
> printing something.
   In addition to the tools proposed in the different replies, there are 2 other
   solutions:

   1/ xmag / import to a .ps file / print
      (the advantage is that that you can select the desired region with the mouse,
      which is easier that giving th offset in the command line)

   2/ xv: among many other things, it has crop and print.

--
Pierre Frenkiel