how to check

Александр Горлов mail.list.4.ag.hob at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:59:17 UTC 2009

the directories /etc/rcX.d contains link to scripts  that responsible for
starting and stopping services for corresponding run-level

/etc/rc1.d - level 1
/etc/rc2.d - level 2
etc.

The name of scripts consist of  K or S then number then name of service.
K - means kill service
S - means start service
number is define serial number for starting or killing

Downloaded packages are saved in /var/cache/apt/archive.

2009/3/4 jiten jha <jitenjha11 at yahoo.co.uk>

> Dear all ,
>          if we install any software using apt-get command then i want to
> know the location where the software package file store and execute.
>
> how to Disable and enable any  services in runlevel 1,2 ,3.

Thanks

Alex