New heat grease, no help

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:26:24 UTC 2009

    I have to keep my Ubuntu set for Zero Appearance effects. If I set
it to normal my system works pretty good until I use Google. It has so
many color effects it heats up the video chip and my screen displays a
funny cross-hatch pattern and it kills the keyboard and mouse.

    Today I bought a tube of high temp grease and I took off the heat
sink and cleaned it all up with alcohol and then put a liberal amount on
the top of the chip and put the heat sink back on.  Alas it does not
improve performance one bit :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI