Ubuntu doesn't recognize RAID5 array - what to do?

Redmond Tux redmondtux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 20:05:19 UTC 2009

When I first installed Ubuntu, Ubuntu correctly detected it. The drives were
listed as "Adaptec" in Nautilus. I wasn't using any special software. Ubuntu
doesn't detect it now and I don't understand why. Hence I am asking for
help.

I am equally puzzled as to why it isn't being detected. The controller boots
properly at startup after it powers on each Serial Attached SCSI drive. No
hardware issues.

I did update the firmware on the Adaptec controller before reinstalling
Ubuntu, at Adaptec's urging... that's the only thing I can think of that
would have changed with the hardware, but it was only a minor update.
Shouldn't cause Ubuntu to stop recognizing the controller.

redmondtux