Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 3 17:47:21 UTC 2009

CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> So now you're becoming nitpicky and changing your story to justify
> your aggression. Originally, you were saying that she was a spammer,

I think you are mixing up things. Yes, I said she is a spammer, and I
stand by that allegation. But the main complaint is the rudeness of
blaming the list for receiving her spam.

> it wouldn't have made one bit of difference if
> Canonical's servers don't care about SPF, assuming SPF worked the way
> she thought it did.

How do we know if Canonical's servers care about SPF? If her setup is
faulty anyway, it is a very lame excuse for blaming the wrong people.

> I think you owe Adele an apology or at the very
> least acknowledge that there was no intent to spam as you so
> fervently alleged earlier in this thread.

I never said she sent it intentionally. In my first mail in this thread
I wrote:

| We will receive more of that junk from linkedin when the next clueless
| user authorizes them to send spam to everybody in their address book.

IMHO, "clueless" doesn't mean "intentional".

Nils