squidguard substituion

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Tue Mar 3 04:41:19 UTC 2009

Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running squid proxy on ubuntu, and I use squidguard for checking and
> granting permission to web sites. Even if very good, I'm searching for a
> squidguard substitute. Any clue?
>
> Thanks,
> Luca

Funny you should mention squid. I was just reading about it today on a
site I found through a Tech Republic article. You should have a look at
it to evaluate your risk level in reference to attacks by hackers. It's
called the Google Hacking Database, and squid is referenced several
times on the pages here. -

<http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/ghdb.php>

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com