Is something wrong with the group's mail software?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 2 17:11:13 UTC 2009

Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>> Yes, I use Thunderbird. This has only occurred a few times over the past
>> few days, and never before, so I wasn't suspecting Thunderbird.
>>
>> What setting in their email client could a person make to cause this to
>> happen when I reply to them?
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>
>> --
>> Human reviewed index of links about the computer
>> http://www.rayslinks.com
>> Poetry from the mind of a Schizophrenic
>> http://www.writingsoftheschizophrenic.com/
>>

> Perhaps when the OP sets  'Reply to" in his email?

This problem is because the Reply-To: header is being overridden.
Really, the correct header for mailing lists is List-Post
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2369.html), which ubuntu-users does send.
Problem is, barely any clients support this yet.

There is a Thunderbird extension
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/576) that is meant
to provide Reply to List using List-Post though.

Matt Flaschen