Is something wrong with the group's mail software?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Mar 2 13:30:43 UTC 2009

steve wrote:

> Ray Parrish wrote:
>>
>> Over the past several days I've noticed that some messages I reply to
>> get the OP's email address used in the reply as the main "To:" address,
>> with the group's email as an added "To:" field. I then have to delete
>> the OP's email address to avoid sending two messages.
> I dont think its the mailman list settings, but rather whoever your
> replying to maybe and what mail agent they used?  I notice the same
> thing happens sporadically with some mails I receive, and your using
> thunderbird the same as me right?

Check the original posts to see if they have a "reply-to" header. I hate
when people do that, because I use gmane news & knode, and rather than
sending the same message via both nntp and mail, knode actually opens up a
kmail editor to send the mail copy - which can have different text from the
newsgroup reply!  (However, I don't complain to the OPs, because it's
clearly a software problem on my end).
--
derek