banking program akin to m$ money?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 2 04:23:12 UTC 2009

On 03/01/2009 02:36 PM, dwain wrote:

> thanks to all who contributed their piece of information.   now comes the
> decision.  but just one last question.  my friend is computer illiterate and
> i will be teaching him.  which program is the most intuitive?

Then I'd recommend something very simple link kmymoney, homebanking or
grisby:

http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index-home.html
<http://www.movingtofreedom.org/2008/01/09/moving-from-ms-money-to-kmymoney/>
http://homebank.free.fr/
http://www.grisbi.org/index.en.html

All can be installed directly from synaptics or from the command line
via the terminal:

sudo apt-get install kmymoney2
sudo apt-get install homebank homebank-data
sudo apt-get install grisbi
sudo apt-get install <your choice>

Try one, or all & see which *you* are most comfortable with, then
suggest that one. You can easily uninstall the one(s) that you don't
like and/or feel comfortable with. That's the beauty of Ubuntu/linux;
freedom to choose & try.

Note: I actually use gnucash, but I have business reasons for doing so.