Connect laptop to Boost phone?

neil at JAMMConsulting.com neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Tue Jun 30 22:49:57 UTC 2009

>> Does anyone out there have Boost mobile phone service?
>> I just bought their unlimited monthly plan with
>> the Motorola i290 phone.

>if it were me, id plug it in usb to your laptop while checking dmesg,
>and see if it recognizes a modem or not.

It recognizes it as a cdc-adm device.

> even if it recognizes the modem, you could try and use
> gnome-ppp or another dial up client to connect.  but i
> dont know if boost even offers tethering service.
> that would have to be turned on first before you could
> access their network.

The phone already has unlimited wireless web access.
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to hook
into that.

> asking them probably would be a good idea

I already asked.  They said they do not support connecting
a laptop to the phone.

I just figured it would be possible to use the Internet access
the phone already has.

Thanks,
  Neil