No good CD-Rom copy software (fwd)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 30 19:17:33 UTC 2009

On 06/30/2009 06:13 AM, John Graddy wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 11:04 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> These links might make for rather interesting reading:
>>
>> http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
>>   http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrtools/+bug/177154
>> [cdrtools is undistributable]
>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrtools/+publishinghistory
>> and see where wodim stepped in:
>> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=cdrecord&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all>
>>

> After reading all of this, I have to admit that I'm confused.  It
> appears that the current cdrtools is the CD/DVD burner of choice, but
> that some of the Debian folks disagree on this point.  Have I got it
> right or am I mis-understanding the situation?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Don't know... I haven't looked into it further (yet), I just found the
'controversy' interesting. I may give Jörg's suggestions a try, but
unfortunately the only CD/DVD R/W drive that I have is on this
production machine, so I can't easily test. Plus I've not had any issue
(yet) on my BenQ drive, so I'm hesitant to mess with it just now.