New Dell netbook running Ubuntu8.04LTS and factory user password problem.

Luis Maceira luis_a_maceira at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 19:10:58 UTC 2009

Last week I purchased a Dell Inspiron 910n netbook running Ubuntu8.04LTS.The
problem is: when I power on the netbook I get automatically to the d1ell
account(prompt d1ell at d1ell),but I do not know the password(I do not see any
user account login information in the netbook package).In the netbook BIOS
there is the option to reset the BIOS password and the user password but
for now I prefer not to change anything in the BIOS,have anyone experienced
something similar with a Dell netbook?
I have approximately 200MB of stuff to upgrade and I cannot do it because
the upgrade manager asks my user password,which I do not know what it is.