HOSTNAME from DNS name server

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Mon Jun 29 23:02:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 16:50 +0200, Pieter Donche wrote:
> I tried
> $ sudo vi /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/debug
> and changed RUN to
> RUN="yes"
> then rebooted, but there is no file /tmp/dhclient-script.debug written (?)
> also a file /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script does not exist in Ubuntu 9.04 (?)

I had a look (in Hardy though) and the hooks are run from
dhclient-script. No script run = no hooks run.

It may be that Jaunty does things differently - I can't check that.

> nor /sbin/dhclient.script

It should be "/sbin/dhclient-script" - note, a dash, not a dot!

If your /etc/resolv.conf file is being updated, then you jsut have to
figure out where and hook into that operation.

Regards, K.