Run script on log in or wake up

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Jun 29 14:22:47 UTC 2009

I want to run a script when a machine is being used.  I'm  not sure what
"used" means other than perhaps run the script
at login (the machine is set to log in automatically on boot), and also when
the machine wakes up from sleep, and perhaps also whenever the screen is
unlocked.

When I say log in, I mean the GUI login, not, for example, login via ssh or
even opening a shell.   I'd also like to be able to limit by user name.

This machine is using Gnome for the desktop.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org