python question?

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 16:09:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Jared
Greenwald<greenwaldjared at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kubuntu, I use pyQT and Geany.

> Yes, excellent, but related to Kubuntu/QT.

Not really. I run QT stuff all the time on many systems. It will run
MS Windows and CE, Apple and Linux, not to mention phones and stuff
with embedded Linux or S60.  All this without a rewrite (Embedded
stuff excepted)! It just happens that KDE was written with QT but that
does not mean QT will not run on Gnome.

I use Gnome stuff on KDE and KDE stuff on Gnome all the time, no
worries unless you are running some old laptop in which case you might
really want to run Xubuntu anyway.

QT is also not just a GUI lib it has a LOT of other sections like XML,
database, OpenGL, Networking and more. It is the best lib I have ever
used. It is LGPL licensed but sadly the Python version is only GPL but
cheep, if you need it for commercial work.

Maybe you are thinking of KDevelop?

QT home page.
"Qt is a cross-platform application and UI framework. Using Qt, you
can write applications once and deploy them across many desktop and
embedded operating systems without rewriting the source code."

BTW, I don't work for them. :-P

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?