Gnome Display Mgr fails to load

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 20:02:13 UTC 2009

Terry Ehrhart wrote:
>I am trying to install a Ubuntu 9.04 system on a usb hard drive.

You mean SSD? Because there is another kind of setup, linux in a thumb drives. That's a completely different story.

>I have had this same setup installed using Opensuse so I know it will work. I can load the CD-Live and it works normal. When I do an install to the hard drive and try to load it, I get an error message.

Maybe you need to try different boot option. I presumed you already familiar with GRUB, try append "all_generic_ide" in kernel line.

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465