Bad Breath ?

Steve Reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 27 19:44:20 UTC 2009

Terry Ehrhart wrote:
> I have had a copy of Ubuntu 9.04 installed for a month and have been unable
> to get a GUI interface loaded. I have asked for help on this list twice and
> have had no response. Would sure appreciate some help.
>
> Terry Ehrhart

using subject lines such as "bad breath" looks like spam to most people,
maybe thats why youve had no answers.....try using something like "no
desktop on 9.04 install" or some variation of that might get a better
response.  that said, heres my suggestion to you going on minimal info
given.

since you have no gui you probably downloaded and installed the server
version?  after you login issue the following command sudo apt-get
install ubuntu-desktop for gnome or sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
for kde. post back your results.

steve