I Was experimenting

Stephen stephen_o at rogers.com
Fri Jun 26 19:36:51 UTC 2009

David McNally wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You can just use unrar. It usually works as well as WinRAR.
>
> Also, it's spelled 'Ubuntu', not 'uBuntu'.
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Stephen <stephen_o at rogers.com
> <mailto:stephen_o at rogers.com>> wrote:
>
>     I was trying to get Rar files to open with WinRar under wine.
>
>     I tried about 4 different command lines that didn't work. Now when I
>     get the open with dialog there are entries and
>
>     valid entry
>     wine
>     valid entryies
>     ????
>     ????
>     wine
>     ?????
>     ?????
>     wine
>
>     In windows all I would have to do is open explorer and go to
>     preferences
>     and delete the invalid references.
>
>     How  would I do that in uBuntu 8.10?
>     Is there a file that I could sudo gedit to remove them?
>
>     Thanks in advance;
>     Stephen Oulton
>

>     --

> David McNally
> david3333333 at gmail.com <mailto:david3333333 at gmail.com>
> apt-get moo
Thanks for your reply, but you misunderstood my question. I must have
worded it wrong.

When you right click on a file you have the open with other dialog. The
open with other dialog has invalid open with entries. When I right click
on them I don't get the option to delete them.

What I wanted to know is how to delete the invalid entries from the open
with dialog.

Stephen Oulton