Synaptic List saves as zero bytes

Xandros Pilosa folivora.pilosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:29:58 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
---snip--
> The German menu entries read (translated) "save marked
> changes" etc. and I don't think this is intended to be used as a list of
> installed packages. Instead I think it means that it will only save a
> list of packages which should be changed, i.e. installed, deleted, etc.
> and indeed if I mark packages for installation or removal the saved file
> isn't empty.
>

> Nils

Hello Nils,

if we go -> "Save Markings As" and make a choice "Save full state,
not only changes" in the saving dialog, we get saved file with :
-----
xserver-xorg		install
libchromexvmcpro1		install
popularity-contest		install
x11-apps		install
libmono-addins-gui0.2-cil		install
mii-diag		install
kpdf		install
bluez-gnome		install
libevas-engines		install
......etc

in it. So, I think "Save full state....." does the trick.

Best regards!