Way to copy a CD-Rom on Hardy through Jaunty

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Thu Jun 25 23:16:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 11:02 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

None. For the operation you want you just need enough space on your hard
drive to  store the contents. Then use dd to create an .iso of the disk.

1. Insert CD to be copied
*from command line*
2. umount /dev/cdrom0 (unmount the cd)
3. dd if=/dev/scd0 of=file.iso bs=2048 conv=notrunc
(the /dev/ listing may vary so be sure which is your cd)
4. Once complete use your favorite .iso burner (k3b, brasaro, etc.) to
burn the image back to disk.

dd = powerful and handy.

--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux, simple.  If you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."