OT: trimming posts - was Re: /lib/udev/devices/core

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jun 25 13:18:44 UTC 2009

Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) wrote:

> On Wed, June 24, 2009 19:11, Colin Law wrote:
>
>> It would be even better if posters did not include massive disclaimers
>> in the first place, then we would not have to mess about removing them
>> when replying.
>
> In theory you are right but some people have no control over disclaimers
> that are added to their mails. For example, people who use their work
> email address. It makes no sense for them to use their personal email
> address if they use Ubuntu at work.

Well, yes, it does.  Particularly when you come across idiots who take
offense to something you've written, and decide to forward the email to your
bosses.  It's happened to me (silly them - I AM my boss), and I know it's
happened to others.  It's always a good idea to keep work addresses for
work... (though, of course, sometimes lists like this _are_ work).
--
derek