Auto-resuming audio player?

sam srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu
Wed Jun 24 11:49:25 UTC 2009

chombee wrote:
> Anyone know of an audio player that resumes playing a file from the point where it last left off? Even if you pressed stop, closed the audio player and shut down the computer, or used it to play another file in the meantime, it should resume playing a file from the point you were up to.
>
> I listen to a lot of podcasts, audio books, etc., so this behaviour would be useful.
>
> Miro can do it but it's way too heavy for my XO-1. Neither rhythmbox or totem have an option or plugin for it.
>
> Thanks!

Amarok 2.1.1 (from jaunty backports) has this functionality. You just
need to click on the green flag next to the ff button. For me it only
remembers the last mark I made in each song (you can make multiple
marks, but it only keeps the last one, which might be a bug as the
application is under development).

HTH,
Sam