wpasupplicant/xsupplicant

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Jun 23 19:18:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, NoOp wrote:

> On 06/23/2009 01:00 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
>> Robert Holtzman wrote:
>>> What is the difference between wpasupplicant and xsupplicant?
>>
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wpa_supplicant>
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xsupplicant>
>
> Added refs:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/xsupplicant
>  http://open1x.sourceforge.net/
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/wpasupplicant

I was already familiar with wpasupplicant and had it installed. I ran
across xsupplicant when wandering around in Synaptic Package Manager and
wondered what the difference was. Their home page was less than
informative. Reading the xsupplicant Wiki page, I was unsure if it was
exclusively for use with RADIUS servers.

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279