New to Ubuntu, new to list

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 23 15:17:18 UTC 2009

On 06/23/2009 04:38 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) wrote:
> On Mon, June 22, 2009 15:19, bill wrote:
>
>> Yes it asked me and I did the "figure out which keyboard" script - it
>> just make a mistake.
>
> You could just re-run the "figure out which keyboard" script. It will be
> probably something like
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure ...
>
> I don't know the exact name. Hopefully someone else on the list will answer.

/usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/configure-debian

or

sudo apt-get install configure-debian
sudo configure-debian

is a nice util to configure they system (keyboard etc).

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/configure-debian

>> The reason I picked the server edition is that I need
>> the LAMP stack for development work.
>
> Actually you don't really *need* the server edition for the LAMP stack.
> You can do the following on any edition to get a full LAMP stack:
>
> sudo aptitude install apache2 mysql-server php5

man tasksel

sudo tasksel install lamp-server

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel