Auto-resuming audio player?

chombee tchomby at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:02:16 UTC 2009

Anyone know of an audio player that resumes playing a file from the point where it last left off? Even if you pressed stop, closed the audio player and shut down the computer, or used it to play another file in the meantime, it should resume playing a file from the point you were up to.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, audio books, etc., so this behaviour would be useful.

Miro can do it but it's way too heavy for my XO-1. Neither rhythmbox or totem have an option or plugin for it.

Thanks!