Ubuntu installing problem

nedyalko dyakov n3mo.wolf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:17:10 UTC 2009

Fred Roller wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 19:46 +0300, nedyalko dyakov wrote:
>
>> Guys why when I try to install Ubuntu it doesn't see my partitions. On
>> the step with partitions it's only blank hard disk (  the model name and
>> size are correct ). I have 120GB SATA hard drive with firmware 3.AA. I
>> didn't have this problem before with my old MB. How to fix it?
>> Sorry for my bad English,
>> Ned
>>

> Have you tried booting a live distro and using a partition software like
> gparted (gui) or fdisk (cli) to see if your partitions are in fact gone.
> I am presuming you have data on the hdd you wish to preserve?  What was
> on the drive prior moving it to the new MB?

When I boot Live distribution everything is fine. I can read/write to my
partitions. The problem is there - i don't wanna format my whole hard
disk because I have 70gb information , Windows partition , Debian and
other stuffs. I have ubuntu installed, too , but it works slower with
new mb ( slower than live cd in fact). So I think it would be ok when I
install a new one. Hard Disk is fine, because I was able to install
Windows on it after moving to the new MB.
Regards,
Ned