Programming language for children

christopher.lemire at gmail.com christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:00:22 UTC 2009

What is the child good at and interested in? For example, I put Ubuntu on a girls computer and she's been using it for years. She has no interest in programming with the exception of html and trying to teach her programming was useless. But I know she has very good art talent and creative, so I encouraged her to use Gimp and provided her with resources. Now she's so good with Gimp, it amazes me when all I do with it is crop pictures and compress images/convert to jpg to make them smaller for sending to my friend with dial up and posting on the web. Even the desktop backgrounds she has created, I am using as my own wallpaper for my phone and computer. Maybe you can do the same for your child depending on what her talent and interests are.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile