Fixing dual boot windows partision

Barry Pohlman barry.pohlman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:37:09 UTC 2009

I just wanted to add a little to what Karl wrote. Karls steps are
correct and will work. If you do not know where your boot information is
on disk, possibly you already wiped the boot sector, you can type the
following command in the grub prompt to find where grub boot information
is installed to feed as the input for root.

> find /boot/grub/stage1

To get the grub prompt you type 'sudo grub' in a terminal window. You
would follow after this you can type all the commands provided by Karl.

Good Luck