Vista password and reinstalling Ubuntu

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:16:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM, thomas smith<valhalla2100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello Karl,
>
> I like this idea.  Wow! Windows is not that secure if the mere
> diconnecting the battery erases the password.

Disconnecting the battery for the BIOS for long enough will reset any
BIOS settings and default the BIOS password, if there is one, back to
the default which is often nothing.

> This is a good idea if it works.  I am thinking that this would be a
> lot easier and quicker than the methods given to me to change
> the password.  A very complex method.

It won't work. Your windows password will still be there, as the
encrypted version is stored on the hard-drive - not in the BIOS.
--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0