keyring

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sun Jun 21 15:11:50 UTC 2009

On Saturday 20 June 2009 11:58:20 am sg1 wrote:
> Can you please tell me how to turn of keyring.

You and 25,900 others!  If it weren't for this program I might have stayed
with Ubuntu.  As it was, I went with Kubuntu which ALSO has one of these make
you utter nasty words programs.  I tried to remove it but the sadists make
too many things depend on it so you are supposed to be stuck.  Ubuntu would
likely have been the most sought after distro in history if it were not for
this.  I almost dumped Kubuntu too before I found out you can shut off
Kubuntu's but they keep hiding the location of the config program with every
new update which is of course also annoying.  Ironically, I mostly wanted to
get away from annoying have to do it the company way distros!  These sites
address it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&hs=i9i&q=disable+gnome+keyring&revid=1217867053&ei=zkQ-SuCXFYSotgPD5ryECA&sa=X&oi=revisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=broad-revision&cd=2

and life will get better once you get it killed!  Even your other crashing
problems go away!  Nasty program to be sure.  If it were only a little harder
to remove it would fully qualify as a virus.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403