Problem fixing grub

n3mo n3mo.wolf at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 14:56:37 UTC 2009

Hi,
I have problem with fixing grub. So I've installed ubuntu 9.04 and then
windows xp 64 bits with sp2. Now I try to fix grub and here is the error:

grub> setup (hd0)
 Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... yes
 Checking if "/boot/grub/stage2" exists... yes
 Checking if "/boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5" exists... yes
 Running "embed /boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd0)"...  17 sectors are embedded.
succeeded
 Running "install /boot/grub/stage1 (hd0) (hd0)1+17 p
(hd0,7)/boot/grub/stage2
/boot/grub/menu.lst"... failed

Error 22: No such partition

I have no idea how to fix this, and after all I can't reinstall my Ubuntu
because the partitioner doesn't see any partitions and OS ot my hard drive.
So I'm fucked up a lot, because now I can't fix grub, I can't reinstal
Ubuntu and my Windows 64 bits freezes on boot sometimes...
How to fix grub?