Is OpenJDK now the default JDK for ubuntu to replace Sun JDK?

Barry Pohlman barry.pohlman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 08:43:14 UTC 2009

Which repositories do you have enabled? I just looked up the package on
ubuntu's package list and it is still there. The apt-get line for it is
apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

This package lives in the multi verse repository though. If you do not
have your aptitude settings to look at this repository you will not be
able to see it. If you are still having trouble finding the package post
again or email me and I will show you how to setup your repository to
also look in multi verse..

Hope this helps
Good Luck