Negative caching

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Fri Jun 19 12:51:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 05:41:41AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>      I'd really want to see a ps auwx of the system when it is dog slow.  Even
> better:
> ps auwx | sort -r -k 5 | less | head

OK, I'll try to hang on to this thought. I am thinking a couple of weeks or so
before it gets to the point of wanting to reboot. I have looked closely at
memory stats and I don't see anything that stands out. Firefox is usually well
ahead of the pack.

I also tried XFCE (8.10), loved it at first, found it got VERY slow over time
(guessed at memory leaks), and went back to gnome now. Thanks.

--
Hal