Transmission

Luke Vandervort ezra64 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:40:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:22, chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo at gmail.com>wrote:

> using transmission to download a large torrent.
> going just fine except for the occasional slowdown.
> here are some observations:
>
> 1.  if the number of peers and download seeds gets
> low, if i do a pause and then restart the numbers
> increase, telling me that updates on the tracker
> are not being done or done at lengthy intervals.
>
> 2.  if i bring up the properties display and show
> peers, there are some seeds that have 100% of the
> files, but they have a lower case 'd' instead of
> 'D' indicating that they aren't allowing me to
> download from them.  How am i being blocked?
> Is it some additional ports that I need, or are
> they purposely doing this?  Inquiring minds
> want to know.
>
> chuck

You may want to check the preferences menu and make sure that you are using
an open port for transfers. I noticed a significant increase in speed after
opening the appropriate port in my firewall.

--
Luke M. P. Vandervort

'Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you
were a  Member of Congress... But I repeat myself.'
                              --Mark Twain