ALSA software amplifier

AC Perdon turf.ph at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:33:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

Sorry for high jacking this thread but I have same case different setup, I
have a internetshop  that is LTSP my ltsp server is using 9.04  and sounds
are pretty good, flash(youtube), totem and others but when you go try on the
thin client side(work station) sound is weak. So *I'm also looking for a amp
software that will make my sound loud on my client. I will also try *solution
below. bytheway Im just using the onboard sound card

-AC

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:43 AM, H.S. <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Israel Lacerra wrote:
> > I always wanted this! My laptop and my pc has sound lower in Ubuntu than
> in
> > Windows. Why??
> >
> > Is there a way to turn up the sound??
>
> I have not noticed that some movies are at different average volume. But
> you might be looking at movies which are produced with different
> techniques and volume difference is quite possible.
>
> Which application are you using (totem, gxine, mplayer)? Anyhow, I would
> first try in a terminal
> $> alsamixer
>
> and turn up the volume of the output devices in that GUI (note master
> and pcm volumes).
>
> Next, depending on your hardware, you might want to try
> $> alsamixer -c n
>
> where n is a digit(0,1, ...) denoting the sound card you want to control
> (find out your output sound cards using "aplay -l" command), and turn up
> the output volumes.
>
> If the above doesn't help (it should though), you might want to give
> pulseaudio a shot (though I am not sure if it would you any additional
> benefits regarding the sound levels). PA apparently has an equilizer too.
>

> --
>
> Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
> newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
> filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
> ever having been read.

AC Perdon
Registered GNU/Linux User #340122