Printing from VM

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:36:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 7:34 AM, alan duval<amoht at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Sorry for sending this to you direct but I posted this answer to your query
> in the ubuntu-users digest and no one else has commented.

No problem.

> On checking I don't have Samba installed. Is it required for VirtualBox to
> access the printer?

I'm not sure - my VM is XP, so it is required for my setup.  I would
assume that a linux host would default something like IPP, but again
I'm not sure. (telnet localhost 631?)

My internet access is down - I'm actually downtown right now just so I
can get online - so it may be some time before I can really be of much
help.  It seems our whole neighborhood is having access problems.

Anyway - it would not hurt to try installing samba, rebooting, and
then seeing if your VM picks up the printer(s).  If not, just
uninstall samba - no harm done.

I'm going to CC this back to the list - maybe someone can help you further.

Chris