VBox failure

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Jun 16 10:55:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 05:44:56PM -0500, Willis Taylor wrote:
> I have the Sun VirtualBox v.2.2.4 install and my WinXP runs perfectly
> but I need to test openSuSE for some friends and after creating the VM
> and setting the CD Drve and Floppy Ireceive the following message, with
> the Suse disk installed in the CD.
>
> quote...
> Failed to start the virtual machine Suse.
>
> Cannot open host device '/dev/sdb' for read/write access.

/dev/sdb is not a CD.  It's your second hard disk (or a USB disk, I
can't tell from this distance).  Are you really sure you want to give
VirtualBox read/write access to it?  I wouldn't.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Actually, the Singularity seems rather useful in the entire work avoidance
field. "I _could_ write up that report now but if I put it off, I may well