Consider removing vim-tiny from Ubuntu in the future

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jun 15 19:40:21 UTC 2009

howard chen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Fred Roller<froller at tnclimited.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> You could also try:
>> sudo apt-get install vim-full
>>

> Yes I know.
>
> I just think that this simple stuff should work out-of-the-box.
>
> If as simple as arrow key would need some hacks, it is frustrating.

As near as I can guess, you're not asking to remove vim-tiny, you're asking
to replace it with vim-full.  There's a really, really, _really_ good reason
why vim-tiny is installed - some things need it for scripting.  But there's
NO good reason to force vim-full on those of us who absolutely hate vi.  If
you want vi, install it.   Of course, vi should not work "out of the box".
Ugh!
--
derek