why has apt-listbugs been removed the main packages.

Tim Webster tdwebste at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:04:07 UTC 2009

I see apt-listbugs was removed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt-listbugs/+bug/271314
got removed by some people who don't use it.

No need to remove apt-listbugs simply because it asks users for a
response as part of the upgrade process. Asking before upgrading
packages which have bugs that effect some users is a GOOD thing.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/update-manager/+bug/62720

Calling apt-listbugs directly as below is also VERY useful!!
apt-listbugs list $(dpkg --get-selections | awk '/   install/ { print $1 }')

-tim