9.04 update notification

Steven Susbauer steven at too1337.com
Sun Jun 14 09:07:36 UTC 2009

Andrey Zhidenkov wrote:
> In 8.10 i had only a tray notification when updates available. In 9.04 update
> manager automatically popup. How I can diable it? I want have only a tray
> notification.

-Press Alt-F2 and run the command gconf-editor
-Navigate to /apps/update-notifier (in the gconf-editor)
-In the right hand pane, uncheck auto_launch
-Optionally, if you would like the tray icon to show up immediately when
there are updates available (instead of waiting 7 days as is normal),
change regular_auto_launch_interval to 0.
-Close the editor, I believe you have to log-out and back in for the
changes to take effect