.avi format

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:32:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Kjetil Halvorsen<kjetil1001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to burn some video cd or dvd with .avi format. That do not seem to
> work, for instance not with brasero. What do people do for this to work?

A video cd or DVD is a very specific set of files in specific spots
with specific names and types, framerates etc.  You can't just burn a
movie file to a disc and have it work in a normal DVD player.

You can try k3b or devede or search in Synaptic for other choices to
convert your data to the required formats.

Note that .avi doesn't say anything about what the video file is.  avi
is a 'container' kinda like a directory that can hold many different
kinds of video and audio file combinations.  .mov is another example.

Brian
--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false