Programming language for children

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 17:33:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Kjetil Halvorsen<kjetil1001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to try to learn my daughters some programming language. (they
> are 13,14 years)

Probably Python. I think there are some materials that are targeting
audiences that young.

Or maybe Turtle Graphics (which is a graphical subset of logo) which
is a way to show basic programming concepts to younger children. The
way that works is that you can't make a mistake - like syntax errors
and that sort of thing. I know some people that are really big on
doing that sort of thing on the OLPC, but not sure how well Python
would fit in the same situation, towards the same audience (actually I
think that 13 & 14 year old people could handle basic Python).

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.