synaptic reload takes forever

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Jun 13 08:30:04 UTC 2009

> Downloading and installing packages works in a reasonable amount of
> time, but reloading takes at least an hour, and synaptic completely
> freazes up during that time.
>
> Between each convert message there's like a 20 second delay. What they
> hell is it doing?

I suffer the same problem in 9.04 (never had a problem before, so this
a massive regression).

I filed a bug report about it over a month ago... nobody has even just
acknoledged the bug... they are probably waiting for the launchpad
robot to expire the bug automatically. That's an easy way to "fix"
bugs, wait for Launchpad to delete the bug report and oh, problem gone !
Arf arf... :-/

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/374147

If you add a comment to my bug report, maybe it will get the ball
rolling...

--
Vince, long lost faith in bug reporting...