Jaunty reloaded and working

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:51:55 UTC 2009

H.S. wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> H.S. wrote:
>>> What do you mean by "update it from Beta"?
>>

>> 	Exactly what it says. I have a CD-Rom LiveCD of Jaunty version Beta.
>> This is where I started.
>
> Why would you update form beta and not from the release? Betas are
> exactly what they say, betas. And are not as stable as the releases. You
> are inviting unnecessary trouble by installing and updating a beta version.
>
> Now, if you wrote beta but are actually following the release, then it
> is different than what you wrote.
>
> The usual method is to start with the release. This way you would have
> fewer updates to do. Not to mention the fact that the release is
> considered more stable than beta, hence saving you from potential problems.

	You are just not smart enough to understand how things work. So let me
spell it out for you:

Step 1: Put the LiveCD CD-Rom into the reader. It is a Jaunty-Beta cd I
d/l from the Ubuntu web page.

Step 2: Fix the /boot/grub/menu.lst so it boots like I like it!

Step 3: See the Update Manager say you have 450 upgrades to add to your
system. Ask it to start and go to your meetings.

Step 4: Reboot and now you have what someone with the other LiveCD and
200 upgrades. EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!

Step 5-14: The same exactly.

73 Karl

- --