VBox failure

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 12 22:44:56 UTC 2009

I have the Sun VirtualBox v.2.2.4 install and my WinXP runs perfectly
but I need to test openSuSE for some friends and after creating the VM
and setting the CD Drve and Floppy Ireceive the following message, with
the Suse disk installed in the CD.

quote...
Failed to start the virtual machine Suse.

Cannot open host device '/dev/sdb' for read/write access. Check the
permissions of that device ('/bin/ls -l /dev/sdb'): Most probably you
need to be member of the device group. Make sure that you logout/login
after changing the group settings of the current user
(VERR_ACCESS_DENIED).

Unknown error creating VM (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED).
.../quote

Any ideas?